This is the best hair mask for moisture hands down and is the perfect deep conditioner. I remember after doing sew ins back to back for months, that my hair was in need of moisture, as it was becoming dry and weak. Check out our own Avocado Smoothie Hair Mask for instant moisture.
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup of whole plain Greek yogurt (coconut milk can be substituted, would be less thicker, but still works great)
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- 2 Tbsp of castor oil, olive oil, or coconut oil
*You can also add a couple tablespoons of aloe vera if you have it, as aloe vera helps with hair growth.
Blend the ingredients in a blender, as you don’t want chunks of avocado in your hair. Trust, it will take a lot of effort to get the chunks out so blend until smooth.
- Apply to dry hair, as this allows the ingredients to be absorbed much better.
- Leave on for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse hair and follow up with normal shampooing and conditioning.
- Follow up with sealing wet hair with a quarter size amount of our Stimulating Scalp and Growth Oil.
As always, do a skin patch test. If you have never eaten avocados, make sure to do an allergy test.